Bad thing about acne is that they pop-up anytime, like just one day before your college event or party. Good thing is that using natural remedies you can quickly deal with them.
Basil (tulsi), an herbal remedy is prominent for its medicinal properties. Tulsi for acne is one among the recommended home remedies as it isn’t associated with any serious ailment.
Often acne is related with teenagers. Though 85% of adolescents face this ailment, this doesn’t mean that adults are safe. Reports show that 43% people (above 30 yrs) in America alone deal with adult acne. (1)
Difference Between Pimples and Acne?
Blockage of skin pores by excess sebum and dead cells often leads to acne & pimples. However, they aren’t same.
Pimples pop-up once in a while and acne appears in a bunch with lesions filled with pus. (2) Acne is a chronic skin ailment, which can’t be cured. But, don’t worry using effective innate ingredients you can keep them under control.
Is Tulsi Good for Acne?
Belonging to the mint family, this scared herb is renowned for healing body, mind and spirit. Prominent in Ayurvedic medicine, tulsi is an active ingredient in cosmetic creams too.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal abilities of this herb can restrain infectious acnes bacteria that worsen the acne.
- Vitamin A, C, E, and K packed in it promote cell regeneration to lighten the appearance of acne scars.
- Internal consumption of tulsi is known to purify blood from toxins and reduce pimples.
- Eugenol is the active compound in basil that exhibits antimicrobial property.
- Studies show that topical application of coconut oil with tulsi face pack can reduce acne blemishes. (3)
- Nutrients in this Queen of Herbs help to reduce acne scars, shrink large skin pores and repairs epidermal damage.
- It also cleanses your skin by wiping dead cells and excess sebum piled over your face.
- Along with these exceptional benefits, tulsi can hydrate your skin and help you get rid of the dry scaly skin.
- Anti-inflammatory properties of this natural ingredient can reduce inflammation caused by acne blemishes.
- Its exfoliating ability is excellent to remove blackheads and whiteheads.
12 DIY Recipes to Use Tulsi for Acne and Acne Scars
It’s really enticing to see all these cosmetic benefits of tulsi leaves. Wouldn’t you want to include this Queen of Herbs to your beauty regimen?
Below listed are different recipes. Choose the one that goes well with your skin type.
#1 Honey and Tulsi to Treat Pimples
Raw honey is my favorite natural ingredients, for it can treat all health and skin ailments. I personally take 1 teaspoon of raw honey mixed with water every morning.
Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial abilities of honey can easily reduce acne/pimples. Healing abilities of this innate ingredient are included in religious scriptures and historical books. Topically apply it over the scars to lighten their appearance.
How to Use:
- Dry fresh tulsi leave for a couple of days under sunlight. Powder the dried leaves and collect in a container.
- Add 1 tablespoon of raw honey with 1-2 tbsp of tulsi powder.
- Expose your face to steam so that blocked skin pores open up.
- Pat dry and apply this honey-tulsi face pack evenly.
- Leave the mask on the face for 15 minutes.
- Take normal cold water to rinse it off.
Continue Article Next Page