8. RESISTANCE BAND GLUTE KICKBACK
Glute kickbacks are bodyweight exercises that target the buttocks. Kneel on the floor. Wrap the resistance band around one foot and keep the other end under your knee.
- With a flexed foot, toes pointing down toward the floor, extend and raise your left leg so your foot is higher than your butt.
- Engage your abs as you slightly shift your weight to the side, but keep your butt steady.
- Carefully bring the foot back and repeat.
7. GLUTE BRIDGE
When done properly, this simple yet effective exercise will help you feel how your glutes work in the movement.
- Lay down on your mat and bend your knees.
- Put your feet hip-distance apart but close to your butt.
- Pressing on your heels, lift your hips off the mat, squeezing your glutes at the top.
- Make a straight line from knees to shoulders.
- Lower your hips back on the mat. Repeat.
6. STABILITY BALL HAMSTRING CURL
It’s a lower body exercise that targets your hamstrings, calves, and glutes. You can find a stability ball in any gym and use it for this exercise.
- Lay on your back on a mat and place your feet on top of the ball.
- Position your legs in such a way that only your heels are on the ball.
- Raise your hips off of the mat, keeping your weight on the shoulder blades and your feet.
- Pull the ball as close to yourself as possible by bending your knees. Squeeze your butt muscles. Pause for 2 seconds in this position.
- Return to your starting position. Repeat.